Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Eve of a New Year, My Year

I am consistent, if not anything.  I consistently let life overwhelm me, and I consistently begin to try to take control.  I often ask myself, how many times am I going to keep trying.  And the strong defiant self inside me, whispers, as many times as it takes to get it right.

I have not quit, I will not quit.

That is why I am sitting here on the eve of a new year, writing out my intentions.  I feel, now that my life has gained some stability that I can center myself and truly make an effort.  The right kind of effort.  Not the effort that brings you money, or love, or the admiration of others.  The kind of effort that I deserve to spend on me!  That's right, this quest is solely for my benefit.  But, since I also feel, I am not really alone in these desires, I am going to bare my soul for the world to see.  In hopes that if I can not only inspire others to take better care of themselves, then maybe they will not feel so alone in their struggles.


There are many reasons I have picked the image above.  Since I am an Aries, (a ram) and this is Chinese year of the sheep.  It has diamonds, bling, shinies, which I love and want to shine as bright.  And 2015 is my #takecharge year. I will betaking charge of my life, my health and my happiness.

This year, in my 35th year, I will gift myself, the gift of health, beauty and happiness.  I will be 35 in April.  I feel that I need to start being more accountable to my needs that are important to my health and well being.

I will gift myself with health by doing the following:

  • Drinking at least 1.5 litres of water daily
  • Eating clean, simple ingredients - meal planning
  • Being active for 30 minutes a day minimum
     I will start doing these on January 5th, 2015, it's a Monday, and seems fitting that it should begin then.  This will be a complete lifestyle change for me, this is not a fad, nor a quick fix.  I want to be healthy for whatever life throws as me, and god willing, pregnancy, should I be so lucky.

I will gift myself with beauty by researching and adapting a new way to clean my skin, with plant based products
  • Cedar tea will be first on my list of a new way to wash my face and skin!
Also I will start blogging again about make up products and hair styles that I love.  This will probably have something to do with being happy, but I feel like when I do my hair and sometimes put on a little mascara and lip gloss, that I can take on anything.  I feel confident and put together.

I will give myself the gift of happiness by researching and adapting different self esteem activities to learn how to love and respect myself.  I know being grateful, being able to see the good in me, will help me move mountains.  Metaphorically speaking, of course, unless magic is also a possibility ;)

I write this manifesto, not to air my dirty laundry, but to keep myself accountable,  I feel different this time, I'm excited but also well aware of the struggles I will face.  This will not be easy, but these adventures rarely are.  I can only hope I have the strength to prove to myself that I can do this!


I hope you will join me on my journey!   


No comments:

Post a Comment